Infrastructure – the framework for growth
East Cambridgeshire’s progressive vision
Location, infrastructure and resources are key factors for businesses looking to set up, re- locate or expand. With established and approved regional plans, East Cambridgeshire is rapidly developing into a key business destination both regionally and internationally.
Strategic transport links
The region has become an important commercial location due to its proximity to Cambridge, and with its superb rail and road networks the local workforce of East Cambridgeshire also commutes daily between other close cities such as Peterborough, Norwich and London.
Growth is set to increase significantly over the next two decades. This comes as no surprise when you consider the following:
- New road infrastructure underway including £32m Link around Ely
- 12 minutes by rail to Cambridge
- 48 minutes by rail to London Stansted Airport STN
- 67 minutes by rail to London King’s Cross
- Major road networks, part of the A10/M11/A14 corridors
- Ely Station is a major rail network hub with Intermodal freight facilities
Also in this section: