Covid Support for businesses
Find out what financial support you can get for your business
Running your business safely
The above link contains guides to 14 different industries including:
- Close contact services Guidance for people who provide close contact services, including hairdressers, barbers, beauticians, tattooists, sports and massage therapists, dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers.
- Construction and other outdoor work Guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
- Factories, plants and warehouses Guidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses.
- Heritage locations Guidance for people who work or volunteer in heritage locations.
- Hotels and other guest accommodation Guidance for people who work in or run hotels and other guest accommodation
- Labs and research facilities Guidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments.
- Offices and contact centres Guidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments.
- Other people's homes Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to other people's homes.
- Performing arts Guidance for people who work in performing arts, including arts organisations, venue operators and participants.
- Providers of grassroots sport and gym/leisure facilities Guidance for people who work in grassroots sport and gym/leisure facilities.
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services Guidance for people who work in or run restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes or takeaways.
- Shops and branches Guidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Vehicles Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.
- The visitor economy Guidance for people who work in hotels and guest accommodation, indoor and outdoor attractions, and business events and consumer shows and also how to keep those premises clean
Food and retail safety
East Cambridgeshire District Council has information about food and retail safety guidelines
The COVID 19 Business 1-2-1 Support Service offers businesses a free one hour consultation, on the phone or via video link, from an experienced business adviser to discuss their needs and provide guidance on how to access relevant support from the Combined Authority and central government.
Business Support Seminars
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority are also providing free access to a range of webinars that are designed to support your business through the impact of Covid-19
The Talent Portal
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority know that many businesses in the region have had to change their working models, or even to change the entire way they work, to survive in this rapidly changing time.
The also know that unfortunately, many people have lost their jobs, so there are many skilled workers who are looking for new employment. The Talent Portal connects employers looking for new skills in their workforce with jobseekers who have what they need; the Combined Authority coordinate and connect you with each other, so to build economic resilience together
The Kickstart Scheme
The scheme will create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements aimed at young people aged 16 to 24 who are at risk of long term unemployment.
Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
To help smaller businesses, employers offering fewer than 30 placements will be asked to make a bid through an intermediary, who will then bid for 30 or more placements as a combined bid.
If you are an employer looking to create job placements for young people, register your details HERE and a member of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority Team team will be in touch to help you with your application.
For more information on the Kickstart scheme please take a look at the central government website HERE
Planning considerations for businesses
A number of changes to planning policy and guidance have arisen as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. In addition to the specific information below, further planning advice can be found on GOV.UK's coronavirus planning update page.
Further Help and Advice
Additional government resources to support your business during coronavirus disruptions
Coronavirus support for business from outside government
Coronavirus support from Business Representative Organisations and Trade Associations
COVID-19 Secure Poster [PDF] (for your window display). Please ensure you follow the five steps to working safely together before displaying.