High value added manufacture
East Cambridgeshire is a key centre for high-value manufacturing within Cambridgeshire and provides specialist manufacturing skills with employment up to 30 times higher than the national average in niche manufacturing.
Companies locating in East Cambridgeshire can also call on the support provided by organisations including the Cambridge University Institute for Manufacturing and The Manufacturing Advisory Service (MAS East). These bodies provide unique links with academia, technology networks and specialist business advice services that support innovations for new technology and high-value manufacturing markets.
Why not join other high-value manufacturing companies and become part of one of the world's most important technology centres, located within Cambridgeshire's established high technology cluster.
East Cambridgeshire benefits from the region's internationally renowned world-class innovation and research and development, born out of the collaboration between university research groups, new manufacturing start-ups and multi-nationals.
The region accounts for:
- 25% of the UK's commercial research and development spend and the largest venture capital funding base outside of London.
- Benefits from links to 10 universities across the East of England including Cambridge, Cranfield, Anglia Ruskin and the University of East Anglia.
- Has 7 major seaports within close proximity including the UK's largest container port Felixstowe.
- Enjoys easy access to London, St Pancras International and Stansted airport.
- Cambridgeshire's only intermodal freight facility at the Potter Logistics Centre, Queen Adelaide, Ely.
- High value added manufacture
- Precision Engineering
- Data Campus
- Tourism and Retail
- Case Studies